Your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

My Photo


Top 100 Family Law Blogs

All Top Family Law Blogs

Top Family Law Blogs

Justia Family Law Blawgs


« Shocking back story | Goldman abduction linked to 1969 Abduction | Main | Child Support | What expenses are covered by child support? »



Yes, a parent could file a motion asking the court to require the other parent to execute such a permission form. However, under your fact pattern, it appears that the objecting parent has a good defense against giving the requested permission. Getting the the State Department bulletin into evidence would be key, of course.

Jan Anderson

If in a shared custody agreement that states each parent must have permission from the other parent in order to take child out of the country, can a parent who refuses to give permission for his child to travel into Mexico with the other parent be forced by the court to give his permission in spite of his objection? The travel is recreational and by car to areas recognized by the state department to be dangerous.

Alfreda Menlove

Thank you again for all the help you provide to the rest of us. You are so gracious and generous to provide so much information and to be such a resource. Alfreda Menlove, Attorney at Law, Ann Arbor.

The comments to this entry are closed.


May 2020

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Other Resources


Blog powered by Typepad