Your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

My Photo


Top 100 Family Law Blogs

All Top Family Law Blogs

Top Family Law Blogs

Justia Family Law Blawgs


« Tax dependency deductions and IRS Form 8332 | Main | Health care for millions of uninsured children - »


A 12 year old is likely not mature enough to be responsible for 2 eleven year old twins for 6 to 8 hours or longer. However, at age 12, the FOC cuts off a requirement of payment for child care.

I've written many articles about how to determine whether a child is old enough to be left home alone and how to tell when a sibling is old enough to be left in charge of younger siblings. You may find the list of those blog posts at this link.

What about a 12 yr old boy watching or being "in charge" of his twin sisters which are 11. I am having an issue with my ex requiring daycare for the 3 aftr there was a support modification.


I believe that a child might be left at a babysitter's for weeks if the parents are on vacation, or have business travel. But I don't believe that overnights just for the parent's convenience that stretch over a period of days or weeks is "babysitting." That crosses over into the area of "boarding" a child to live with someone. Don't you wonder whether that babysitter has been approved as a foster parent?

how long after a child is left with a babysitter does it cross the line from babysitting to living there???

Thank you for your comment. Please feel free to disseminate this information. Jeanne

I've being researching about Child care and reading your blog, I found your post very helpful :) . I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog!

The comments to this entry are closed.


August 2019

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Other Resources


Blog powered by Typepad