Your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

My Photo


Top 100 Family Law Blogs

All Top Family Law Blogs

Top Family Law Blogs

Justia Family Law Blawgs


« Acknowledgments of Parentage: Can They Protect Parent-Child Relationships? | Main | Pets Included in PPOs? »



When my wife, who had committed adultery and refused marriage counseling, and I divorced we prepared for over a year for the sake of the kids. We used mediators rather than attorneys and came to an agreement. We agreed on alimony to be reviewed in one year. I wanted to file the divorce papers ourselves but her mother paid for an attorney for her. He continually revised the paperwork and I caught everything he changed except alimony in gross. My ex-wife kept the house, we got joint physical custody of our kids and I had to pay alimony and child support until the kids were 18 or until I had paid $50,000. My income has gone down, hers has gone up. I am 60 and she is 46. I now have diabetes, spinal stenosis, anxiety disorder, high cholesterol and high blood pressure. My 401K is gone, I had to file for bankruptcy in 2003 (divorced in 1999), lost my house and had to start over a second time. I am still paying her $500 a month. Is it really impossible to contest this?

The comments to this entry are closed.


October 2021

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Other Resources


Blog powered by Typepad