It has been quite a long time since I have posted to this blog. It's difficult to believe that my mother passed away almost thirteen years ago. The cause of her death was, quite simply this: all of the medications she was prescribed accumulated in her body because she was dehydrated. Then her kidneys malfunctioned. As a result, she became toxic. Put another way, she was poisoned and died. During the course of my research to find out what had caused her death, I became very familiar with the work of Dr. Mark Beers, then the editor of the Merck Manual and the Merck Geriatric Manual.